I bought two of them to try out last year and loved them so much I went back and bought three more colors. I grabbed a coral shade called Rendezvous, bright purplish-pink called Darling, wine raspberry color called Crush, and a rich red called Romantic 🙂
While the Revlon stains only come in 12 shades, they’re pretty versatile. There are nude pinks (Honey and Precious — with Precious being a slightly warmer color, and Charm, a more pale orange-peachy pink), of-the-moment corals (Rendezvous), sultry reds (Romantic and Adore), pops of purple (the lilac-y Darling) and plenty of pinks (Cherish, Lovesick and Sweetheart — a hot, hot pink) and some plummy shades (Crush and Smitten). I personally love the richness of Crush which is a overripe berry-pink with a strong pigmentation, and also Darling which is a lovely bright lilac – very flattering with a buildable intensity.
I think everyone can find there perfect colour amongst the Just Bitten Kissable range, whether it be a soft pink, vampy purple or that illusive ‘lip colour but better’ shade. The darker shades are obviously a lot more pigmented than the muted ones, which act more like a tinted lip balm, but all are incredibly moisturising and a pleasure to apply with their light, gel formula. The crayon simply twists up from the bottom to reveal more product and they all give the lips a lustrous, glossy finish.
Price: Rs. 600/-
It goes on like a super pigmented balm. It looks like a satin finish lipstick that feels like a lip balm that eventually leads to a stain when the emollient/moisturizing properties wear off. It practically stays on forever.
The Revlon stains are not the most moisturizing, unlike their predecessors by Clinique and Tarte. They start out with a silky hydration, which eventually fades to just the stain itself. So, after a few hours, it can get slightly dry, but not to the point where your lips feel grossly dry, cracked or dehydrated. You can reapply or just put a clear balm on top to make it hydrating once it’s worn off.
They’re not super hydrating, say, compared to the Clinique Chubby Sticks or the Tarte LipSurgence lip tints, but these aren’t really drying either. They don’t feel greasy on the lips. There’s no real discernible flavor, but there is a hint of mint there, which some people might not like, but it is very mild, especially compared to other brands that are flavor and fragrance bombs. (A nice bonus is that while they “look” like crayons, they don’t need sharpening; they work like any lipstick — just twist the base for more.)
If you want a real stain, simply apply the shade, let it set a moment or two, blot with a Kleenex, and then reapply. Repeat as often as you want until you get the shade you desire. If you do that, without a base of Chapstick or other balm, the Revlon balm will adhere to the lips pretty well. On a whim, I tried it one night before bed — applying and blotting — and woke up with lips so pink it looked like I’d gone through a box of red popsicles.
- These are pretty pigmented. They’re also glossy, so that’s cool, if you like that.
- The other thing is these transfer onto other things much less than glosses or lipsticks. They feel nice when they’re on your lips – it’s only when they start to wear off that they start to feel funky.
- But the stain stays forever. I went to bed once, thinking I’d removed most of it when I washed my face and did that whole long skincare routine thing… then I woke up the next morning, and the color was still pretty strong on my lips. Pretty amazing. It does exactly what the product says it will do: stain!
- They have a nice minty smell and taste… It smells like an artificial, chemical mint, but it’s not overly insulting to my nose so it works.
- There’s a whole lot of variety of colors suitable for all skin tones!
- These are not super moisturizing. They actually do that puckering thing that most long-wear lipsticks have the tendency to do and if you just let these wear naturally throughout a day w/o retouching, they feel REALLY dry and sort of crack on your lips. It’s the same problem I had w/ the Revlon Lip Butters… while they’re on and freshly applied, it feels fine. But once the moisture gets sucked into the stratosphere, it leaves your mouth feeling REALLY dry.
- These are pigmented, Yes, Oh yes they are, but it’s in a glossier way, so they end up being slightly more translucent. Which is cool in one sense, because the two colors I have are two of the brighter colors in the bunch but if you apply them lightly, the color is a lot more sheer… Except your lips will dry out faster.
These are great summer purse staples, especially for girls who hate touching up during the day. Just remember to carry another balm or either force yourself to reapply, and your lips will look and feel amazing.
So, even though I don’t think these are the “BEST. THING. EVER” .. Yet, They’re still pretty damn awesome!
Did you find this helpful? What beauty item have you come across lately that you love so much you just have to carry it around with you all the time? AKA, a beauty or skincare product you most recently found you cannot live without? Share it with me in the comments below!