So.. Since I’ve been talking a lot about exfoliating lips before applying lipcolor, I thought it would be a good idea to share a quick exfoliation method here! Oh and did i mention.. it takes 2minutes!
If you have dry chapped lips, adding in one simple step might be all you need to get them in line. Or else your lipstick starts drying into your lip and getting cakey and patchy and flaky and anyway… Exfoliating is an easy step that takes only a minute to do, a few times a week.
A simple do-it-yourself trick to exfoliate them takes only a finger scoop of Vaseline or any thick moisturizer and a kid’s soft toothbrush.
• Slather lips with petroleum jelly or moisturizer.
• Using super soft toothbrush (kid’s toothbrushes work great), simply rub your lips gently in circular motions. Use the toothbrush to massage in the jelly in. The toothbrush will exfoliate and the Vaseline will heal and hydrate.
• If you have extra Vaseline on your lips, you can tissue it off. Make sure you leave some one for added protection and shine.
• The toothbrush exfoliates lips while the petroleum jelly leaves lips extra soft. Repeat a couple times a day until your lips are no longer scaly.
• For extra hydration, apply Vaseline/ Lip Balm to your lips before bed. Lips can get painfully dehydrated while you’re sleeping, taking this step each night will greatly help.
TIP: Grab a bit of your lipstain and mix it with your petroleum jelly for a quick lip tint.